- Resistance Standards
- <1 Ohm
- 1 Ohm to 10 Meg
- >10 Meg
- Smart Resistor
- Multiple Low
- Multiple High
- Precision Shunts
- High Voltage Dividers
- Contact Us
- HIGH ACCURACY
- LOW TEMPERATURE COEFFICIENTS
- HIGH IMMUNITY FROM ENVIRONMENTAL EFFECTS
- HIGH RELIABILITY - FROM 0.01 Ω TO 10 MΩ
- BY SPECIAL ORDER ONLY
Ohm-Labs' can supply critical resistor components to customers who require the highest quality and reliability.
Our acquisition of Leeds & Northrup's, Honeywell's and Julie Research Labs' resistor manufacturing materials and wire allows us to continue to offer wire wound resistors using these designs and materials.
Ohm-Labs can supply and support all of L&N, Honeywell and Julie Research Labs resistor products. Please provide us with their OEM part number for a quotation.
To specify precision resistors, please refer to the chart below.
- First, select the type: either 'R' (epoxy encapsulated), 'H' (hermetically sealed and oil filled), or 'T' (top hat, or radial lead).
- Then, select the desired size (diameter and length).
- Specify 2-wire or 4- wire construction (4-wire is recommended below 10 ohms).
- Specify your desired accuracy and TCR (Temperature Coefficient of Resistance).
- Finally, specify the resistance.
Precision Resistor Part Number Guide - Type and Size Selection
|Type||Diameter in 1/8ths||Length
|R = Epoxy||2/8 = ¼"||2/4 = ½"||2- Wire|
|H = Oil Filled Herm. Sealed||
4/4 = 1"
4 - Wire
|T = Top Hat (Radial)||4/4 = 1"
6/4 = 1.5"
8/4 = 2"
|Tolerance and Resistance Selection|
|A = 0.1%||Specify resistance|
|B = 0.05%||A = <20|
|C = 0.025%||B = <10|
|D = 0.01%||C = <5|
|E = 0.005%||D = <3|
|F = 0.0025%||E = <1|
|G = 0.001%|
*Stated accuracy is at time of manufacture. 12-month initial stability is typically <20 ppm
- R462DC-1M = Epoxy ½" x 1.5" 2-wire 0.01% 5 ppm TCR 1 Meg
- H484AD-1 = Oil filled ½" x 2" 4-wire 0.1% 3 ppm TCR 1 Ohm
- T422BB-25.5 = Radial ½" x ½" 2-wire 0.05% 10 ppm TCR 25.5
Please note that due to wire size restrictions, not all resistance values are available in all sizes.
Ohm-Labs can manufacture custom-matched resistor sets for precision ratio applications.
On a special-order basis, Ohm-Labs can manufacture Leeds & Northrup and Julie Research Labs type wire wound resistors, including ratio sets and OEM replacement parts. Please contact us for more information.